NSPM News & Mentions
See also: events and presentations.
- Non-Energy Benefits of Distributed Energy Resources Blog by Owen Connolly
- NESP Quarterly Newsletter June 2021
- NESP Quarterly Newsletter March 2021
- How Can We Better Account for Economic Development in Benefit-Cost Analysis? Blog by Shayna Fidler, Julie Michals, and Devin Hubbard.
- NESP Quarterly Newsletter December 2020
- SEPA Trailer “National Standard Practice Manual For DERs” Part 1,2 and 3.
- Barriers to Strategic Electrification Programs by Andrew Winslow, Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships
- Valuing Energy Efficiency by Greg Ehrendreich, Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Here’s Why You Should Know About the National Standard Practice Manual featuring Tim Woolf, Synapse Energy Economics on the Energy Nerd Show. Click here for part 2! And part 3!
- NESP Quarterly Newsletter September 2020
- New National Standard Practice Manual for Benefit-Cost Analysis of Distributed Energy Resources – Released by Joe Cullen, Building Performance Association
- A New Manual Paves the Way for Sound, Consistent, Comprehensive, and Transparent Assessment of Clean Distributed Energy Resources by Tim Woolf, Synapse Energy Economics
- New National Standard Practice Manual for Benefit-Cost Analysis of Distributed Energy Resources released. View media release.
June 2020: NSPM QUARTERLY – NEWSLETTER 6 (amended re: New Jersey article)
March 2020: NSPM QUARTERLY – NEWSLETTER 5
February 2020: Measuring Three Rs of Electric Energy Efficiency: Risk, Reliability, and Resilience, an American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy Topic Brief
January 2020: AEE Blog Why a Bandage Fix for Cost-Effectiveness Testing Isn’t Enough by Adam Scheer, Recurve, Jake Millette and Olivia Patterson, Opinion Dynamics, and Julie Michals, E4TheFuture
- NSPM QUARTERLY – NEWSLETTER 4
- TRCs and Sugar Cookies – a Holiday Review of Cost-effectiveness Testing Practices by Alaina Boyle, E4TheFuture
- Utility System Impacts of Energy Efficiency: Taking Nothing for Granted by Greg Ehrendreich, Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
November 2019: Assessing Resource Cost-Effectiveness by Erin Malone, Tim Woolf, and Danielle Goldberg, Synapse Energy Economics
- NSPM QUARTERLY – NEWSLETTER 3
- Evolving the National Standard Practice Manual by Samantha Caputo, Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships
July 2019: A New Tool to Improve Energy Efficiency Practices, an American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy Topic Brief
June 2019: NSPM QUARTERLY – NEWSLETTER 2
May 2019: Sowing the Seeds of Change: REEOs report on NSPM developments in their region, by Cyrus Bhedwar, Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance; Greg Ehrendreich, Midwest Energy Efficiency Association; and Samantha Caputo and Elizabeth Titus, Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships
March 2019: NSPM QUARTERLY – NEWSLETTER 1
January 2019: Gliding Into the New Year . . . New Case Studies & Resources Help States to Apply the NSPM, by Julie Michals, E4TheFuture
December 2018: NSPM Case Studies are now available.
November 2018: Database of Screening Practices (DSP) now available from NESP
October 2018: NSPM: The Role of Evaluation in Carbon Reduction by Samantha Caputo, Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships
September 2018: Cost-Effectiveness Testing Needs a Refresh. The “Minnesota Test” Could be Just the Thing. by Gregory Ehrendreich, Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Staying Cool with the NSPM: States Wade into Deeper Waters, by Julie Michals, E4TheFuture
- NSPM References page goes live. See monthly updates covering North American references of the manual.
- Advocates, utilities challenge cost-benefit formulas for efficiency by Karen Uhlenhuth, U.S. Energy News
December 2017: Taking Stock: NSPM Makes Quiet Inroads, by Julie Michals, E4TheFuture
August 2017: Pollinating a Framework for Cost-Effectiveness Testing, by Julie Michals, E4TheFuture
June 2017: A New Lens for Assessing Cost-Effectiveness, by Julie Michals, E4TheFuture
- New standard practice manual for cost-effectiveness is an indispensable resource, by Martin Kushler, ACEEE
- Press release announcing the manual’s publication.