- NESP Newsletter November 2023
- NESP Newsletter July 2023
- Treatment of Lost Revenues in a World of Expanding DERs, article by Karl Rábago: The issue of lost/gained revenues impacts associated with DERs is contentious in regulatory dockets and decisions. Karl Rábago (Rábago Energy, former commissioner) expertly illuminates the backdrop of utility recovery of revenue requirements, in particular in the context of distributed generation; he shows the danger of mixing apples and oranges if lost revenues are included in BCAs. Karl hopes that more stakeholders can approach the issue from a position that embraces a common understanding, with the NSPM providing guidance based on foundational principles.
- NESP Newsletter February 2023
- Update on Benefit Cost Analysis for Distributed Energy Resources, Public Utilities Fortnightly article featuring Julie Michals (E4TheFuture) and Kate Strickland (SEPA).
- Consistent Methods to Evaluate DERs: Opposite of Arbitrary and Capricious, Public Utilities Fortnightly article by John Shenot (Regulatory Assistance Project) and Chris Neme (Energy Futures Group).
- NESP Newsletter October 2022
- Benefit-Cost Analysis: What it Can and Cannot Tell us About Distributional Equity of DERs, ACEEE Summer Study Paper and Presentation. See here for background on Distributional Equity Analysis.
- NESP Newsletter June 2022
- New: BCA Use Case Examples
- Companion document to the NSPM: Methods, Tools and Resources: A Handbook for Quantifying Distributed Energy Resource Impacts for Benefit-Cost Analysis
- NESP Newsletter February 2022
- Planning for the Future – Aligning BCA and LCBF in DSP and IRP With the Help of NSPM MEEA blog by Gregory Ehrendreich
- NESP Newsletter October 2021
- Non-Energy Benefits of Distributed Energy Resources August 2021, blog by Owen Connolly
- NESP Newsletter June 2021
- NESP Newsletter March 2021
- How Can We Better Account for Economic Development in Benefit-Cost Analysis? blog by Shayna Fidler, Julie Michals, and Devin Hubbard